Charlotte Neck Pain Treatment at Meehan Chiropractic and Wellness
Charlotte chiropractor Dr. Michael J. Meehan and the rest of our team at Meehan Chiropractic and Wellness meet hundreds of people every year looking for relief from neck pain. This common condition can be both acute and chronic (lasting three months or more) and can lead to serious impairments in a person's ability to function at home, work, or during leisure activities.
Common Signs and Symptoms Associated with Neck Pain
People with neck pain often report stiffness, tenderness, and soreness in their neck and shoulders. Depending on the underlying cause, they may also notice signs and symptoms including:
- Jaw pain and clicking
- Numbness and tingling in one or both arms/hands
Different Causes of Neck Pain
Wondering what could be causing your neck pain? Common underlying conditions and contributing factors include:
- Poor posture/ergonomics: We often see this with people who slouch at their desk, drive with their heads forward, or adopt the "tech neck" posture of head down and neck flexed while using their phones
- Whiplash syndrome: Common after a car accident, sports injury, or slip and fall
- Degenerative changes: Osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, or cervical stenosis (narrowing of bony passageways in the spine)
- Cervical disc herniation or bulge: Which can compress a cervical spinal nerve root, causing arm pain/numbness
- General Stress: Stress can bring physical ailments if the anxiety is chronic
How Our Charlotte Chiropractic Team Can Help Manage Your Neck Pain—And What You Can Do to Prevent It
Our Charlotte chiropractor team offers a range of techniques which can be customized to YOUR body. These techniques relieve tension and pain, promote cervical tissue healing, restore spinal alignment, and help you avoid recurring pain.
For instance, we often provide:
- Non-invasive laser therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments, including Atlas Orthogonal, Activator, Gonstead Technique, Cox Flexion-Distraction, Thompson Drop Technique, and Diversified Technique
- Active Release Therapy
- Corrective exercises and postural retraining
Living with Neck Pain?
Get natural relief with individualized treatments that work by calling Meehan Chiropractic and Wellness now at (704)-544-6711. It's our pleasure to be a part of your journey to a pain-free neck and active lifestyle. Find Charlotte neck pain treatment and stop living with your pain!